Take the Joban Expressway “Sakura-Tsuchiura IC” exit and drive north about 8km.
Free parking available. (80 automobile parking spaces.)
By train and bus
From Tokyo >> Tsukuba Station (Tsukuba Center)
Tsukuba Express <train>
Akihabara Station to Tsukuba Station (c.45 min.)
JR Joban Line and bus <train>
- Ueno Station to Hitachino-Ushiku Station, or Arakawaoki Station, or Tsuchiura Station. (c.46 min.)
- Transfer to JR bus bound for Tsukuba Center or Kanto Railway bus bound for University of Tsukuba Central. Alight at Tsukuba Center. (c.23 min.) (>> Bus)
- Tokyo Station Yaesu-minami (Yaesu South) Exit to Tsukuba Center. (c.65 min. one-way, ¥1,150) (>> Bus)
- Haneda Airport >> alight at Tsukuba Center (80 min.) (>> Bus)
Tsukuba Station (Tsukuba Center) >> Tsukuba Botanical Garden
A bus leaves from the Tsukuba Center Bus Terminal, adjoining Tsukuba Station, as follows:
- Techno-Park Sakura Circle Line (Bus stop No. 1) >> alight at Tsukuba Botanical Garden (c.10 min.) >> 3min. walk
*See the Kanto Railway Bus website for details of the Techno-Park Sakura Circle Line.
- Tsukuba University Circle Line (counter-clockwise) (Bus stop No. 1) >> alight at Amakubo 2-chome (10 min.) >> 8 min. walk.
*See the Kanto Railway Bus website for details of the Tsukuba University Circle Line (counter-clockwise).
- TsukuBus Route 6 (Bus stop No. 8) >> alight at Amakubo 2-chome (10 min.) >> 8 min. walk.
*See the Tsukuba City website for details of the TsukuBus Route 6.
- Tsukuba Science Tour Bus (runs only Saturday, Sunday, and public holidays.) Northern loop >> arrival at Tsukuba Botanical Gardens.
*See the website of the Science and Technology Promotion Foundation of Ibaraki for details of the Tsukuba Science Tour Bus.
- A taxi from the Tsukuba Center to the Tsukuba Botanical Garden takes about 5 minutes (c.3 km)
- Bicycles can be hired from Tsukuba Station.
*See the Tsukuba City website for details of bicycle hire.
- Apply for a rental bicycle at the Tsukuba City General Information Center (north-south free passageway of TX Tsukuba Station)
- ID required when applying.
Inquiries: Tsukuba City General Information Center. Tel. 029-855-8155