Atomic bomb victims, persons wounded in war and other disabled persons are admitted free, along with one caregiver for each disabled person. These disabled persons are asked to present one of the following forms of identification(1) when entering the Museum.
(1) Identification: Disabled Person's Notebook, Rehabilitation Notebook, Mentally Handicapped Person's Social Services Notebook, Disabled Person's Social Services Recipient Card, Medical Support for Independent Living Recipient Card, Atomic Bomb Victim Notebook, War Wounded Notebook
For admission of groups of disabled persons(2), the Museum is pleased to offer procedures for waiving admission fees, so please feel free to inquire by calling Tsukuba Botanical Garden at +81-(0)29-851-5159.
(2) “Groups of disabled persons” refers to the following groups:
- Special-support students and classes as stipulated in the School Education Law
- Remote schools as stipulated in the Law for the Promotion of Education in Isolated Areas
- Rehabilitation or relief facilities for disabled persons as stipulated in the Law for Welfare of Physically Disabled Persons
- Relief facilities for mentally disabled persons as stipulated in the Law for the Welfare of Mentally Retarded Persons
- Social rehabilitation facilities for mentally disabled persons as stipulated in the Law concerning Mental Health and Welfare for Mentally Disabled Persons
- Child services facilities as stipulated in the Child Welfare Law
- Elder services facilities as stipulated in the Welfare Law for the Aged
Entrance of support dogs (guide dogs for the blind, service dogs, hearing assistance dogs)
Disabled persons may be accompanied by support dogs (guide dogs for the blind, service dogs, hearing assistance dogs) when visiting the Museum.
- Includes section with wheelchair-friendly paving.
- Five wheelchairs are available for lending out.
If you wish to use these facilities, please inquire at the information desk.
Please note that these items cannot be reserved but are lent out as available.
In the Education Center.